On the other hand, we must be careful of potential issues when communicating by email. Let's take a look at some problems you might face and how you can avoid them.
- sending the email to the wrong person - always double-check to be sure that you are sending your message to the right person.
- no reply - be sure to write a clear and relative subject in the subject line. This is one of the best ways to ensure that the receiver opens your message.
- misunderstanding of someone's mood - we can't see the other person's facial expressions or hear their tone of voice. Therefore, we should always try to use positive language.
- typos can cause confusion - always be sure to revise your email before sending it. Be aware the "Spelling & Grammar check" may not always be correct.
- using the wrong vocabulary - when we are face-to-face with someone, it is easier and faster to ask for clarification. This is more difficult and takes more time when emailing. Building a strong vocabulary will help to avoid this issue.
- your message is too long - be sure to keep your messages short and simple. Using appropriate and relative language will help with this
- takes a long time to get a reply - using a good closing statement will help you to get faster replies.
The skills that you need to improve on the areas mentioned above are important for your career and professional development. Victoria Business English will provide you with these tools with full examples, vocabulary builders, and grammar improvement through:
- free content posted on this site
- basic email courses
- online email writing courses to help you improve email writing in specific business situations